|An Honor to Serve by majorsamfan
||[Jun. 15th, 2006|12:19 am]
Unconventional Crossover Pairing Ficathon
Title: An Honor to Serve
Crossover: Fandom: SG-1 Crossed with Fandom: West Wing
Rating: For Everyone
Written for: beatrice_otter
*Daniel and Carter give a report to the President's staff.
*Category preferred: gen/het
*I don't want: angst
1. This cross-over presented an interesting challenge. It might have been easier to go with an early-SG1-season fic, because the President was never named then. However, when I have I ever taken the easy road? So, with it *fairly* fresh on my mind, I chose to have Sam and Daniel meet with the new President Santos. So one could say it’s current-ish in time frame.
2. I expanded quite a bit on the “report to the President’s staff” prompt; I hope my following Sam’s lead still satisfies the request in spirit. I really didn't capture the witty banter of WW...*is sorry and woeful*
3. Since the request was for gen, there really wasn’t a pairing per se. I tried to include as many characters from the shows as possible. however, I chose to focus mainly on the two Sams – Carter and Seaborn. Though I know not everyone shares my obsession with Sam Carter, I did write this from her perspective. Sam Seaborn was one of my favorite WW characters from the very beginning, and it was with fangrrrrl glee I welcomed him back for the series ending. (I was able to watch Rob Lowe in “A Few Good Men” in London last fall, so that may have affected my choices ever so slightly…)
4. I didn’t get this beta’d, but I did run spell check (which includes grammar). If anyone spots a mistake, please contact me, and I’ll fix it.
5. See note at end, because I don’t want to spoil the story.
( “AN HONOR TO SERVE”Collapse )